Coronavirus Testing Centers: Find COVID-19 Testing Near You
State guidelines and testing criteria differ by state, please read or select appropriate state below.
- Call your local healthcare provider or hospital if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Test providers will determine if testing is appropriate for your case based on local criteria..
- Call the coronavirus test site before you go to confirm all final details.
- If you begin to show symptoms and think you may have been in close contact with someone who tested positive:
- Call your primary care physician. If you do not have a primary care physician, contact the Louisiana 211 Network by dialing 2-1-1 to be connected to the nearest community clinic.
- If you have symptoms, self-isolate, and call ahead before showing up at a health care provider so they can limit exposure to others. Providers decide if testing should be conducted.
- The Louisiana Department of Health recommends testing for any patient with fever, respiratory symptoms and a negative flu test. Testing is not recommended for asymptomatic patients. Any physician can order testing based on their clinical judgment.
- Testing is being conducted by the state public health laboratory and some commercial labs. The state lab only tests samples from high-priority patients, which include:
- Hospitalized patients with a severe respiratory illness with no other known cause
- Patients with a recent onset of similar fever and lower respiratory symptoms who are associated with others with a suspected outbreak of COVID-19
- Health care workers with direct contact with a laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 case with recent fever and lower respiratory symptoms
- Homeless patients with suspected COVID-19
- Patients with suspected COVID-19 who are associated with a high-risk exposure setting such as a long-term care facility or a correctional facility
- State lab results are typically available within the same day. Results times may vary at commercial labs.
For more information, contact the Louisiana 211 Network by dialing 211 or by texting LACOVID to 898-211, or visit the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus website.
*This listings are updated regularly with the latest, publicly available data. The number of testing centers changes quickly.